We've got lots of great ideas on how you can keep active wherever you are
Free one-to-one support from a local health advisor
Available 5 days a week, 9am – 5pm
020 8973 3530
Getting started – tops tips for those new to activity
Starting something new can feel a bit scary, but starting small and making small simple changes can really help boost your mood and your activity levels.
Check out our Top Tips if you are new to exercise:
- Choose activities you enjoy – this can really help you keep up the new healthier routine
- Set simple goals and make a plan – arrange to go for a walk with a friend or take a lunchtime stroll through the park, even a little bit of activity is good activity
- Start slowly and pace yourself – listen to your body, you may need to do a warm up for some activities. Only do what feels comfortable, particularly if you have a health condition.
- Enjoy the outdoors – getting outside is good for our mental health, it can help reduce our anxiety and improve our mood
- Wear comfortable clothes – where something you feel comfortable in, you should be able to move freely but you don’t need to wear lycra and look ‘sporty’ to fit in
- Stay hydrated – keeping hydrated is important to keep you healthy
How much activity should I be doing?
Active 10 quickly and simply shows you how many brisk 10 minute walks you’re doing and how to fit more into your day. Download it today to see how many Active 10s you’ve done.
Couch to 5K
The Couch to 5K app has been designed to get you off the couch and running in just 9 weeks. Grab your trainers, download the app and follow the step-by-step instructions.
Earn points for your physical activity which you can convert to high street vouchers or donate to charity!